The easiest way to obtain Nepal visa is upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu or at border immigration offices (if you are entering from Tibet and India) However People of these countries do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan.
• Valid passport.(with a validity of a minimum period of six months)
• Application Form
• Two passports size picture
• Visa fees in cash
• Entry Points to Nepal
• Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
• Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
• Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
• Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
• Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
• Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
• Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
• Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Tourist Visa Fees
• Multiple entry 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
• Multiple entry 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
• Visa for SAARC countries: Free visa for 30 days available for tourists of SAARC countries.
• Visa for Indian citizens: Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter into Nepal but getting to Nepal by air/overland they have to show their passport or any identity card issued by the Indian government, at the entry point to Nepal. The children under 10 years no need to show any identification.
Tourist Visa Extension
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
Foreigners, who have entered in Nepal to stay for a night in Nepal and willing to use Nepal’s Airport to visit another country with plane ticket or foreigners, traveling in the accidental force landed plane for any circumstances shall be issued transit visa for one day by the paying 5 US $ or equivalent convertible currency.
• No foreigner is entitled to enter into and stay in the Kingdom of Nepal without a valid visa.
• Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepalese Embassy or consulate or other mission offices or immigration offices located on entry points in Nepal.
• Once the visa is issued, it will not be amended, re-validated and visa fees will not be refunded.
• Personal cheque and credit cards are not accepted at any entry point of Nepal.
• Living in Nepal without a passport or a valid visa is a punishable offense.
• There will be no charge for children under 10 years, however, a visa is required.
• You are advised to be mindful to contact the Immigration Department for visa transfer in case of getting new passport or travel document from you Embassy/Consulate.
• Should be kept Passport and trekking permit while trekking.
• Filming in restricted areas or notified areas without permission is strictly prohibited.
• Respect local traditions, customs, values and sentiments to help them protect local cultures and maintain locally.
Trekking in Nepal is a life-changing experience – the pristine nature, the spectacular grandeur of the high Himalayas, the religious and cultural diversity make it unique and so special. I highly recommend using a competent and reliable treking company such as Leaf Holidays Treks & Expedition to make the journey trouble-free and memorable. I can personally recommend Gopal Thapa who was our guide on the Everest Base Camp trek in April 2014. He ensured that we had a hassle-free trek as he organised all our the logistics, accommodation and meals and his local knowledge contributed to the richness of our Nepali adventure. Go trekking in Nepal, it will be part of your life forever!
I traveled to Everest Base camp with Gopal in 2014 and I honestly recommend his guiding services. He was always very friendly and professional during the trek. He really took care of our trekking group and he often went above and beyond to help us reach our goal. We had such a beautiful, life-changing experience in the Himalayas- the landscape is so amazing and the people are very kind. I will definitely be returning for more adventures in the future.
Had the pleasure of being guided by Gopal in 2014. Our trek to Everest base camp was such a wonderful experience and was only made better by his knowledge and connections. We would have never made it without him. He was always there to lend a helping hand in times of need. I would definitely recommend Gopal and his company to plan and guide your trip to this beautiful area of the world. Read More